Tuesday 31 March 2015

The 10 minute morning | Ayesha

Let's be real - sometimes you don't have the best night's sleep in the world, and maybe you have an interview or something else where you need to look fresh-faced and presentable (I turned up to my wedding with only 3 hours of sleep the night before - a complete no-no!).

If you are somebody who:

A) Snoozes their alarm until they have practically no time left to get ready;
B) Commutes far away and has a limited time in the morning to spend getting ready;
C) Has small children;
D) Doesn't want to spend a lot of time doing their face;
(this list is not exhaustive)

Then this might be the thing for you!





First things first, try and do as much as you can the night before. This includes preparing something for breakfast e.g. porridge or even pouring cereal into a bowl with the spoon inside, so you can throw in some milk and wolf it down. I believe breakfast is a really important meal of the day; it controls your blood sugar level so that by mid morning you're not scrabbling for chocolate (although I appreciate this can still happen *ahem*).

Next, lay out the clothes you are going to wear so you don't need to think about them. I used to spend ages umming and ahhing over what to wear but if you do all of that umming and ahhing the night before, you've saved yourself a heap of time. 

Finally, lay out all your makeup products. This is my favourite part of getting ready!

I use Bourjois Happy Light primer as a base first. It is super light and contains reflective particles to achieve a glowy look which also makes you look more awake. It also helps to keep your makeup on for longer.

I then reach for my foundation (sometimes I skip this if I reallllyyy don't have time and just use concealer). I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua because it's also very light, has sheer-medium coverage and spread it on areas I need it most with my fingers. 

I use Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer under my eyes and around the nose. This particular concealer is my favourite as it also contains those reflective particles, is really liquidy so it blends very easily and does a great job at covering dark circles.

I blend this all together with a dusting of Bourjois Java Powder, which, you guess it, also contains these light reflecting particles! You're probably imagining that you may look like a Christmas tree complete with flashing lights after putting all this on, but trust me, you don't.

The remaining two products are totally optional, and can add them if you do have a bit more time. Topshop Glow Pot in Polished is a lovely luminous highlighter that looks really natural when you apply it.

The eyeshadow palette is by Stila called In the Light, and the shade which will enhance the overall glowiness of your face is the shade Kitten (top row, second shade from the left - the pale pink/champagne shade).

I only ever use fingers to apply my makeup unless I am applying blusher, powder or eyeshadow. I find that it blends into my skin more and takes up less of my time. This is just a personal preference though!

So set the timer on your phone for 5 minutes, throw it all on and let the products do the work for you!

Do you have any tips or product recommendations that save time and/or make you look super awake?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...