Wednesday 14 January 2015

'FITTING' Into the New Year | Zahra

New Year, New Me
*looks up to first line*
*sighs*
I'm not going to lie, I HATE that phrase-'new year, new me'- I don't think it really means anything; you should be a 'new you' at any time of the year, regardless of what everyone else says, just do it sooner rather than later which is something I wished I did.

Ok, rant over.

This year (so far anyway) I've decided to start on one of my NY's resolutions-losing weight.
For me, my weight's been a big issue, I never really thought anything of it for years but over the past year or so, being a teenager and all, I naturally became very self-conscious and not very confident. Also, health problems relating to weight in my family is pretty common so I figured it would be better to get it down now and be happy or be 30 and crying into a tub of Ben & Jerry's 'Cookie Dough'  ice-cream with 3 screaming kids around me.

So to start off I used my bed cover thing (that you put over your duvet to make it look prettier) as an exercise mat, an old t-shirt and some floral leggings. I then ventured into Primark and picked up a mat (£2 I'll have you know!), some running shorts and a running shirt/ top thing.

I've been watching Blogilates (aka, youtube's most amazing fitness person ever!)
But seriously, if she was in the Ancient Greek period, she'd probably be a Goddess! (here's my GCSE Classics coming through)


This has got to be my favourite video of her's, it's an all body workout, and let me tell you that it is PAINFUL.

I've already noticed a bit of a weight drop considering I haven't really changed my diet either, just drinking a bit more water and we're only 2 weeks into the year.

I'm hoping that I'll actually be able to maintain my everyday workout for the rest of the year, as it's already become a bit of a habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...